Sunday, May 5, 2013

Peaches and Cream

This week at Joan's Gardens we have a challenge that has really made me dig deep for ideas.

Here are the requirements for this card that I am making for this week's challenge:

  • Use some type of Fan - stamped, die cut, etc.
  • Use colors Peach, Cream and Green
  • Use Lace
  • Use Pearls
  • You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens. Also, mention that you are doing the card/project for Joan's Gardens Challenge.

The background mounting is green paper and an ivory piece that was embossed. I don't have a lot of peach colored paper, nor do I have a fan die, so I cut out some fan pieces out of an almost-peach-colored pink paper and dabbed a little yellow ink on it to "peachify" it. I am using a paper lace doily as part of the background papers, and it is dabbed with some peach colored ink. Pearls are glued to each fan blade; I added some green flourishes and a rolled rose.  The sentiment is printed from my computer.

These are the products I used that you can get at Joan's Gardens:

  • Nellie Snellen:  SD 002
  • Cheery Lynn:  Fanciful Flourish
  • Spellbinders:  ES-005 Embossing Folder; Spiral Blossom One

Here is a picture of the card:





Thank you for stopping by my blog.  As always, God's highest and best to you today and every day.

Blessings,

Ginny B.







2 comments:

  1. WOW! Very, very clever ... making your own fan! It looks awesome and I love your design with the flower/flourish and doily! Beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny, you did a great job on creating the fan. I love it. Beautiful job.
    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)