This week I am entering a second card in the Joan's Gardens weekly challenge. Just like the first card, here are the guidelines:
- Use a leaf design for the background (die cut, embossed or stamped)
- Add purple flowers
- Use White, Green and Purple Colors
- Use A Sentiment
- You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens
- Mention that you are doing the card/project for Joan's Gardens Challenge
I started out with a leaf embossing folder and embossed a white piece of paper, then backed it with green and purple papers from my stash. Next, is a sentiment that I had in my stash printed from my color computer; I backed it with purple cardstock, and a die cut frame done in white. Behind that is a piece of green cardstock. I mounted the sentiment with dimensional stickies. Next, I cut from a Nellie Snellen die some green flourishes and punched out some small purple blossoms and glued them to the die cuts. It is finished off with a purple and white gingham bow.
Here is a picture of the card:
Well, looking at this it seems a bit boring. It needs some bling. So I took some glitter glue and put a dot in the middle of each flower to add a little interest. It is subtle, but the added sparkle seems to help. Then I added a Pippi butterfly made of white vellum dabbed with purple ink, and put a rhinestone in the center of it. Here is the "blinged-up" card, enlarged a bit so you can see the bling more clearly:
And here is a closeup of the butterfly. This is my favorite butterfly die because it is just the right size for cards and it is so delicate and lacy:
These are the tools I used for making the card:
- Spellbinders: Flora Embossing Folder, EL-009; Fleur De Lis Rectangles, S4-317
- Nellie Snellen: SD-002 Leaf and Tiny Flower Flourish
- Memory Box: Pippi Butterfly
- PaperStudio: Daisy Lever Punch
- Purple and White Gingham Ribbon
- Iridescent glitter glue
Items in green may be purchased at Joan's Gardens.
As always, thank you for stopping by my blog. I always count it a great honor when friends come to visit. May God's highest and best blessings come to you both today and every day.