Friday, February 22, 2013

A Challenge with Vellum

Joan's Gardens had an interesting challenge this week.  I have never worked with vellum before, so it was fun to see some of the possibilities a crafter can do with it.  The card had to have vellum, it had to have an oval, and it had to have polka dots.  It is a very compatible combination, and the cardmakers who posted their entries came up with some really lovely cards.  Here is my entry:





I started out with a pink polka dot background, then took a piece of vellum and ran it through a swirly EF; I only used half of the piece of vellum, cutting it diagonally from lower left corner to upper right corner.  I got a new die from Joan's Gardens today called Bitty Blossoms (Spellbinders).  So I dabbed a little pink ink onto some vellum and cut two flowers from it, then cut three flowers from the plain white vellum.  The white vellum flowers actually came out looking a little gray, but that's okay.  For the leaves, I dabbed a little green ink onto some vellum and cut those out with a die that came with the same die set.  The oval is from another Spellbinders die set and in the middle of that is a little stamp that says "happy spring."  Then over that I put another oval piece of vellum.  To finish the card, I put on an off-white wire-edged bow.  So glad Joan's Gardens challenges us in so many different ways to try different things.  I am now a definite fan of vellum and plan to use it often.

God's highest and best to you today and always.

Love,

Ginny      



2 comments:

  1. OH WOWWWW! Ginny this is so delicate and so beautiful. I love your idea for the vellum, and the vellum flowers. Beautiful card! I'm with you! Joan sure helps us to build our skills with her challenges and wonderful product line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS Ginny! I too saw your card over at Joan's and just had to rush right over for a closer look! Absolutely beautiful! This was a fun challenge and I'm loving all the different ways of using the vellum ... wonderful inspiration from everyone! Your flowers are awesome! Well done!
    Darlene
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)