Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wise Men Still Seek Him (2)

I am on a roll with making Christmas cards. Seems it is what I want to do right now, and all other creative juices have stopped flowing. And that's okay.  :o)

In keeping with the first Wise Men Still Seek Him card I made in an earlier post, I used the same format from Microsoft Publisher to make the inside and back of the card. The same sentiment stamp is also used.

I cut out some little wise men from gold glittery paper. The layout needed to have a gold backing piece on top of the basic white cardstock, but I did not want to use a big chunk of my expensive gold paper for that, so I just spray painted a piece of white a gold color and used that. On top of that is a piece of black cardstock. In order to simulate a dark night sky on a starry night, I first sprayed the black cardstock with sapphire blue glitter blast glitter spray (Krylon). Then, for more iridescent sparkles of many colors, I sprayed the piece with spray glue, then sprinkled on some fine iridescent glitter (Stampin' Up). First attempt on this failed because I used little dots of glue (not glue dots!) randomly around, but they did not look good at all, so the second attempt using a light spray of glue, then sprinkling with glitter worked better. It looks like the night sky is filled with the sparkling wonders of the stars, but the only star the wise men were interested in was the one God had placed in the sky to guide them to the Christ Child. The sentiment pretty much says it all, don't you think.

Here is the card:


Two of the starry night sky:



And the sentiment:



I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes  1/5
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes  NL
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes as Long as It's Christmas
Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes
365 Cards - Sunday Sketch
Divas by Design Challenge - CAS
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Challenge - Anything Goes


Thank you for stopping by my blog. I always appreciate your visits, and your encouraging comments mean more to me than you know. As always, God's highest and best to you today and every day.

Many rich blessings,

Ginny B.

Romans 10:9-11
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. NLT

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card, Saw it on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great problem solving to create this beauty of a card! Thanks for linking your card up with us at the SIster Act Challenge Blog this week.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is very attractive - and it's lovely to see the real meaning of Christmas - thanks for linking for my CHNC challenge extra for October - hope to see you again soon (by the way, your link was back to my blog, but I managed to find you and have put the link right) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, thank you for joining us over at MIM, Hugs Kerry XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card and i love the sparkly papers :) So glad you joined us on 365 Cards for our Sunday sketch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card and thanks for sharing at divas by design

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your beautiful, glittery card. I especially like the sentiment, so true! Glad you joined us at our neighborhood---613 Avenue Create Challenge.

    God bless,
    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning - love the glitter! thanks for sharing at Crafting by Designs this week! Mo DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Christmas card. Great details and I love all the glitter. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges for Anything Goes and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card! I really like the sentiment and all the gold embossing. I think it looks so elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a pretty card!!!! LOVE The added shine on the card!!! sooo glad you played along with 365 Cards this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card, really gets the message across, and it's so beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us and joining us at Divas by Design this week! Xx Mirella

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)